Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Jolly Man Has Arrived

Do you watch the Macy's Parade on Thanksgiving? I find the commentators annoying and a little boring. I'm sure if I were in NYC with the 2.5 million people, I would love it. Just kidding.
I like a small town parade. The kind where people on floats are really waving at you, not just that fake wrist thing. The Wednesday after Thanksgiving is always the Opelika Christmas Parade. After helping coordinate this event for 3 years (and now sharing an office with those that coordinate), I have a strange sense of pride for the parade.

Christmas parade 017

Keep Opelika Beautiful had a float and guess who my elves were

Tipi, Colt & Savannah

Soon after the picture was taken, I realized Colt was turning purple and his teeth were chattering. I'm laughing because I have a grip on both toddlers since they wanted to stand up.

Annie Grace stayed cozy with Honey on the sidewalk.
Annie Grace &  Judy

I'm convinced that Colt and Bug thought the people were there to see them. They didn't quite get the "float" thing (Bug thought we were going to the lake to sit on a float...). My calendar is full and my to do list is long! Its time for Christmas!

No comments: