Thursday, December 15, 2011

Apostles

With all the cute pictures, I have to tell you how much our life is a real life. About the spanking spoon I took the church last night. About the toddler that arches her back when I buckle her in the carseat.

This was my dose of reality this week.

As with most of you moms, I struggle with keeping Christ in Christmas but making learning fun. We've been going through the advent and talking about importance of Jesus' birth. On the way to school on Tuesday, Colt yells from the backseat "Mommy, where is fkjwldkfjl" (I had no idea what he was saying). I asked him to repeat it. Finally I said "Are you asking 'where are the apostles'?" Oh, my head swelled. Then my heart swelled. I thought we've arrived. I have a genius in my backseat that is concerned about Jesus' apostles. Then he answered.

"No mommy, where is that oppossom" he said. "We saw that dead oppossum on the side of the road yesterday and its gone".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love your posts! They make me smile!!!

Tracy said...

I am laughing so hard right now. I love the honesty in your posts. :)

Maggie M. Cooper said...

Haha! I love this kid!:)