Sunday, June 6, 2010

Food, Fun and Flowers

First, a little lady that desperately wants to sit up by herself. We tried babyfood this week (the doctor suggested we wait since she doesn't need the extra calories). She has gagged with everything I have fed her. Colt almost ate my hand when I would feed him. Any tips?

The boys went to three baseball games this weekend. At 11:00 p.m. Friday night, we could hear Colt in his room yelling "War Eagle". By the way, do you just love the curls?

Saturday we had Touch-A-Truck in downtown Opelika. This is my favorite event to help plan. We collected almost 400 toys for Toys for Tots. The streets were crowded all day! Mom & Dad had a Sunday School party after TaT. Mom teaches the 3 year olds and Dad teaches the 2's (Colt & Savannah's class)


The firetruck with a very loud horn and siren.


I have to brag on my yard. Note that we did not plant any of these flowers. The previous owners are wonderful people that were dedicated gardeners.
Our blueberries and peaches are almost ready.

This is Annie Grace's favorite spot. At least we think so, she sits in her swing and watches Colt & the dogs a lot.

Our daylillies are going crazy. When we bought the house, the previous owners suggested we split the daylillies since we had so many. Instead, I had a baby last winter so it didn't happen. Maybe next year!

While our yard is beautiful, I hope it takes away from the ugly 1970's orange brick on our house!

3 comments:

The Muncies said...

Kirkley gagged on everything too! Took forever for her to learn! I'm also cracking up because our dr told us TO do baby food because that would give some food that was less caloric than milk/formula so I've been making sure he eats 3 times a day!?!? :) Oh well, i sure think my giant baby is cute! :)

The Rouse Family said...

I LOVE your yard. :o) I guess keep trying and maybe she will eat it one day! Cooper still gags when we still make him try something. Wow--Doctor's are so different!

kpmantooth said...

Never seen a baby starve...that's the bit of advice I've held on through three kids and their varied needs and palettes. Your yard is awesome, by the way!!