Friday, December 19, 2008

New Job!


I have accepted the position of Director of Keep Opelika Beautiful!! I'm so excited about my new role in the community! Many of you know (and may have worked with) Mrs. Shirley Flora. "Mrs. Shirley" as she is known, helped start the non-profit organization in 1997. She has decided to retire after 2008. The organization is an arm of Keep America Beautiful and some of my duties will be Arbor Day, Recycling Program and Garden in the Park. My office will remain at the Opelika Chamber. While I am sad to leave chamber work, this job has a flexible schedule and I will be able to do some work out of my home.
So, with a new job, a spoiled 9 month old, Christmas and a trip to Israel, the Miller household is crazy right now! I promise your Christmas card is being mailed today! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Tipi! I was wondering who would take over for Ms. Shirley. I'm glad it's you!

The Murphrees said...

Congratulations!

Emily said...

Congrats, Tipi! I know you'll do a great job! Can't wait to hear about Israel!

aedozier said...

How exciting! You will be great! Merry Christmas! Safe travels.