Thursday, December 25, 2008

Jerusalem

"Jerusalem, Jerusalem lift up your voice and sing. Hosannah, in the highest, Hosannah to the King."

I've had this song in my head all day! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. We've all been blessed with tons of gifts (Colt was so overwhelmed he is taking a 3 hour nap!) but my favorite this year has been the fun we've had with family. Yesterday we had a packed day (and packed car)- Casey, Heath, Savannah, Wes, Colt & I headed up to Troy to see all the family. It was so much fun!

This time is also bittersweet for our family. It's only natural to remember those that we long for to be with us on Christmas. With the recent tragedy our dear friends experienced, Wes and I have revisited the emotions and questions of losing our precious Evie. However, through our experiences, God has revealed our purpose- to serve Him through encouraging and mentoring others who experience this unforseen territory.

I'm reminded at this time what a Great God we serve. Luckily, His ways are not my ways- how scary that would be!

Tomorrow I leave for the Holy Land. I've never been more excited about a trip. While I will miss Wes and Colt dearly, I'm confident God has incredible things in store for me! Pray for me while I experience this mountaintop. Pray for Wes while he plays "Mr. Mom" for 8 days!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

2 comments:

kpmantooth said...

I will pray for your trip and your safety. Tell Wes he can call if he needs a break or some back up to run errands or something. My folks will be here a bit over the next two weeks (off and on) so we'll have extra hands!

Ashleigh said...

Anxiously awaiting your post from your trip! Cannot wait to hear all about it. You've been in my thoughts and prayers :)