Today is tough. Today we should be celebrating Evie's 2nd birthday with balloons, cake and lots of friends. Instead, we plant a tree and put fresh flowers on her grave. I've learned that sometimes our feeble minds aren't able to parallel the reality of life. I won't go into great detail about my emotions today but I will remind you that the Lord is our Shepard. Yesterday in the deer stand, I reread Psalms 23- "He leads me beside the quiet waters, he restores my soul."
Some of you have asked (and I suspect many more have wondered)- what did Evie look like? She had her dad's dark hair and my mouth & chin. She didn't look like Colt. You could tell she had more my personality- not chilled out like Wes & Colt. She was 7lbs, 8 ozs when she was born (10 days late) and looked completely normal.
If you think about, say a quick prayer for us today. Thank God that we made it through another year. Thank Him that Evie's life had a clear purpose. Sadly, Wes and I have talked to many families who have recently experienced a lifelong tragedy. But thats our mandate given by God- that we share Him through any circumstance. Love you all.
11 comments:
I actually remember where I was and what I was doing when I heard the news 2 years ago. I cried in the bathroom at work. At that time, I wanted to be pregnant so bad. God blessed us in May with conception and has continued to bless us each day. I've included you in my prayers today. Stay strong and hug that little Colt extra hard today.
Tipi and Wes~ I am going to my knees after I write this to pray for ya'll. I wish I could do something or say something to make the pain go away but the only thing I know to say right now is we love ya'll and we are praying for ya'll. Hope to see you soon.
Your strength today is a testiment of your great faith. Thank you for reminding us through your post that God is bigger than our circumstances and that we can be blessed by the burdens we are given. :) WE LOVE Y'ALL.
Tipi- Thanks for your honesty! I've thought about you and prayed for you so many times. I can't imagine what it's been like. I'll definitely be lifting you up today! God is close to the brokenhearted! Love you, Joy
Like many have already said, my heart is so heavy for you and Wes today!! I cannot fathom the emotions you must experience. Know that I am thinking about you and praying. Love you!
I remember your journey vividly...my {sort of} SIL, Melissa Bice, gave birth to her daughter 3 months before Evie with a similar heart condition. Each time I see/hear about Kailey, I am reminded of you and Wes & my heart breaks. I cried when I read your blog today & immediately prayed for y'all. I know God has a plan, & it settles my heart that through your pain you know you can help heal others.
Tipi, I remember Evie often and even have her birthday marked on my calander just as I have all important dates to us marked. Evis's life left footprints on so many of us who never met her in person, but look forward to meeting her in heaven. I admire you and Wes so much for your faith and just being you. Thanks for always letting us witness your amazing and real walk with the Lord. An extra prayer was said for you guys today!
Sending prayers and peace your way. Thanks for posting and sharing this with us. I now have a picture of her in my mind to remember her by!
Tipi-I think about Evie all the time and what good friends she and Mary Evans would have been-my heart breaks for you just as it did that day 2 years ago-I am so thankful for the blessing you and Wes are to me and so many others-especially those who have experienced the same kind of pain you have. We love yall and that precious "Coat" as ME says-she even recognizes him in his lobster outfit when looking through her picture book ("Coat rite there")-I know she and Evie will become fast friends when they meet one day-Jamie and I will be praying for you-We love yall, Mag
Tipi, I think about Evie and you guys all of the time. You are in my prayers, especially at this time of year. I know she had to be a beautiful little girl and she impacted so many people's lives. Colt is such a cutie and I hope we can see all of you sometime soon!
Tipi and Wes....what a blessing you ALL have been to so many people! Thank you for your willingness to share your story and giving hope to those who are going thru similar situations. It means so much that you took the time to come by and talk to me the other day. You have an incredible gift of compassion and I thank you for sharing it with me! I read a quote on Loni's blog the other day that made me think of you guys. It said:
"I know God makes no mistake,He leads in every path I take,Along the way that’s leading me to home.Though at times my heart would break,There’s a purpose in every change He makes That others would see my life and know That God makes no mistakes.”
--God Makes No Mistakes
We love you guys!!
Post a Comment