The trip to Israel was wonderful! I learned so much and I had many "aahaa" moments when things really came together for me. My favorite spots were the natural places- Sea of Galilee, Dead Sea & wilderness- those places that man hasn't created an elaborate worship place. It's pure and simple- just like I think of Jesus. It's was incredible to walk the steps at Caiaphas' house where Jesus walked on his way to be questioned. God was so good to us during our trip. Despite the conflict in Israel, we never felt threatened (all though we learned a lot about the very different lifestyle Israelis lead).
These are a few of the places we visited:
Caesarea Maritime- where Paul pleaded for his life before Agrippa, also ruins of one of Herod the Great's palaces
Mt. Carmel- Elijah and Baal had the fire contest
Tiberias- on the Sea of Galilee
Mt. of Beatitudes- Sermon site
Capernium- Jesus spent most of his time in this area
Jericho
Dead Sea- yes, we floated
Qumran- site where Dead Sea Scrolls were found by shepard boys
Masada- site of one of Herod the Great's palace and later a fortress for Jews
En Gedi- site where David cut off Saul's robe
Bethlehem
Mt. of Olives
Garden of Gethsemane
Via Dolorosa
Golgotha
Thank you for all the prayers for us on the trip. Also, Wes and Colt did great! I came home Saturday night (after 14 hours on the plane) to a clean house, stocked fridge and two very happy boys! Colt got this big, goofy grin when he saw me and wouldn't take his eyes off me! I was a very happy girl!
3 comments:
This sounds awesome! I so want to take this trip one day. I am so glad you had this opportunity and then came home to a clean house!!! What a blessing! I know your boys were so happy to have you home!
Did it seem unreal to actually BE in all those places? It must have been amazing! Of course, coming home to a home in that condition with 2 boys waiting...a miracle all of its own! Go Wes!
Wow that is great!! You are so blessed to have gone on that trip!
I'm leaving Ella for the first time this weekend - yikes!! I hope I come home to what you came home to!
Post a Comment