Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What's Going On

You are getting a random post today because my brain is mush.

1. I lost my camera. Luckily it didn't cost a million dollars but it frustrates me to lose something. You will have to be happy with pictures from my phone.

2. Last weekend Wes, Dad and Colt went to the zoo. They had a great time. Colt refuses to take off his wrist band. He likes that people ask it what it is. I laugh because he is his mother's child.

3. We went to a fishing tournament thing (weigh-in?) on Friday afternoon. Evidently, Auburn (and all other universities) have fishing teams and this was AU's year to host. Who knew? They had games and stuff for kids.

coltandwes



4. As a last minute decision, Wes and I took both kids to the AU game last weekend. This was Annie G about 20 minutes into the game.

Anniefootball



5. I didn't work yesterday and when I arrived today I had 32 voicemails. No, I'm not important. The newspaper couldn't find my article for today and they missed the deadline.

6. Most important thing in my life right now is that my grandmother, Annie Botts Ray, passed away on Sunday. She had suffered from Alzheimers for 10 years and bedridden the last 3 years. To describe Annie, I would say she is the perfect Proverbs 31 lady. I never heard her raise her voice or speak bad about anyone. She was always busy working in her garden, canning, cooking or helping someone. Annie taught school and her former school Superintendent asked to speak at her service. Our biggest comfort is knowing she is fully healed in heaven and that is with my granddaddy in heaven.

2 comments:

laura.murphree said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. It sounds like she was amazing. I can't imagine me passing one day and someone saying I was the perfect Proverbs 31 lady....or anything close to it.

The Muncies said...

been thinking about yall! obviously annie was awesome just by knowing the ladies in your fam!! :)

and jay and i walked by that fishing tournament last week doing our lap around campus! couldn't figure out what it was!!