Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Conference & Creativity

This past weekend I went to the dotMom conference. It was excellent. Honestly, I don't know if hearing Angela Thomas, Vicki Courtney, Angie Brown & Pricialla Shirer was my favorite or a weekend with my girlfriends. I will admit that I am a registered stalker of Angie Brown. I emailed her yesterday and I think she's okay with it.
Mandi Rouse and I took a quick picture with Pricilla before she went on stage.


P. Shirer

During the weekend there was lots of talk about what we do to teach our children about Christ (trust me, there was lots of talk, this was just one subject). I told them what I had created and Holly suggested I post it on my blog so other people can steal my ideas.
You probably remember that I'm not the "creative sister" so these are simple, simple projects.



psalms23

I made a book of Psalms 23 (The Lord is my shepard...) so we can read it with Colt. He memorized the scripture in no time. Each page has a picture and phrase. I had the book laminated & spiral bound at Office Depot.


fruits

These are his fruits of the spirit cards. I put a ring on these so he can play with them in the car.


Calendar

Every morning Colt wants to know what he & Annie are doing that day. Sometimes he becomes anxious about what is going on next week so I'm trying to teach him to take one day/week at a time (as I'm learing the lesson too!). Sunday- church, Monday- school then play, Tuesday- Honey & Papooh day, Wednesday- school & church, Thursday,- school & friend coming over, Friday- school & camp-out, Saturday- play.

Sunday Colt went on his first dove shoot with Wes. Yes, his gun is plastic but he had to take it. I wish you could see his belt. It has his name on it (really it says Rooster but that his preference).


colt hunting

3 comments:

Joy said...

Tipi, you're a great mama!
Thanks for sharing these ideas!

The Muncies said...

thanks for sharing!!!! i love stealing an idea -- i'm not sure any of mine are "mine"! :)

had so much fun this weekend!

Maggie M. Cooper said...

Love these Tip! Smart mama:)